If what you are after is protection from the sun and wind, the Patio awning is the ideal product. With its sleek, contemporary and compact frame, the Patio Awning complements the modern outdoor area, giving you control over the effects of the sun and heat.
Designed in Europe and manufactured for Australian conditions, the Patio Awning is ideal for providing shade and reducing heat over glass roofs, underneath pergolas, on patios, verandahs or courtyards. The awning is designed to intercept the harsh rays of the sun before it hits glazing or areas below the frame, allowing you to enjoy your outdoor space with your family and friends for more months of the year.
The Patio awning is built of corrosion resistant materials, withstanding much of the harsh Australian climate. When retracted, the awning fabric is completely rolled up inside the head box, creating a neat, clean-lined structure over the area. If set over a glass roof, the awning is kept at a set distance from the glass allowing for good ventilation and heat dissipation.
The VZ520 Patio Awning extends along side tracks which are made from extruded aluminium and powder coated to suit the surrounding structure.
For a lighter-weight structure, Aalta has designed and developed the BT520 Patio Awning which runs along stainless steel cables.
- Tension: the fabric and front rail are kept under constant tension by means of a spring system, wheel runners and cord
- Runners: the wheeled runner system allows for smooth running of the front rail along the side tracks or cables
- Material: fabricated from corrosion resistant materials with the head box constructed from extruded aluminium
- Finish: powder coated to match existing framework
- The Cord: the Hi-tech Spectra Cord guarantees a long life for your Patio Awning
- Sizes: Minimum width per unit – 2 metres, maximum width per unit – 5.5 metres, maximum projection per unit – 6 metres, maximum surface area per unit – 25 metres squared, units can be joined together making the width almost unlimited
- Quality: 5 Year Warranty
- Operation: The Patio Awnings are equipped with electrical operation, using a tubular motor and are operated via a remote control with the option of sun and wind sensors.
The Zip Patio Awnings
The Zip Patio Awnings are the latest group to join our Patio Awning family.
The awnings have a sleek and timeless design, with slimline guide rails and head box, making them suitable for all architectural styles, from classic to contemporary and on any terrace, patio, deck or commercial area.
Using a zipped track system, this Patio Awning provides protection from the sun, rain and wind, enabling you to create a beautiful outdoor area that can be enjoyed through all seasons. The ingenious zip system includes concealed, stainless steel springs within the guide rails, so that the fabric remains taut, making the awning extremely wind-resistant, up to 140km/h. As the fabric travels inside the guide rails, the awning is completely closed so there are no gaps between the fabric and the sides, avoiding the bright strips of sunlight on the exterior of the fabric for better climate control.
As with all our Patio Awnings, the Zip Patio Awning is motorised – with the push of a button you can control your outdoor environment. There are also sun, wind and rain sensors available to give you peace of mind when you are out.
The awning’s components, head box and guide rails are of the highest-grade powder coated aluminium. With the large range of RAL colours and textures available, you will find the perfect colour to complement your style. Insert image zip patio awning post and guide rails
The fabrics used on the different models are available in an extensive range of colour choices and provide excellent sun protection. Some fabrics are waterproof, allowing you to use your awning even in the rain!
- Thermally and acoustically insulated
- Translucent or blackout
There are three models within the Zip Patio Awning range:
The VZ080 is the smallest of the Zip Patio Awnings. The compact design and Zip system make this awning suitable for smaller terraces, balconies and courtyards.
- Head box size 118mm high and 135mm deep
- The maximum dimensions are 3m wide x 3.5m extension for one frame.
- Can link two frames with a maximum area of 21sqm
The VZ080 Zip Patio Awning has various mounting options, making this awning extremely versatile in its application. The installation options allow the awning to travel:
- from the top-down
- from the bottom-up
- surface mounted
- built in
- inside a skylight
The VZ800 has a larger head box and guide rails and is a more robust awning. It is ideal for covering larger expanses such as large conservatory glass roofs, pergolas and verandas.
- Head box size 175mm high by 214mm deep
- Maximum dimensions are 4m wide x 6m projection for one frame
- Can couple up to four frames with a maximum area of 96 square metres
Versuz is the latest of the Zip Patio Awning and is supplied with aluminium posts and a front beam, so you don’t have to worry about building your own pergola! As with all the Zip Patio Awnings, the Versus has slim guide rails, a compact head box, and with narrow posts, its stylish design complements modern and contemporary homes, cafes and commercial areas.
It is ideal for providing sun and wind protection on balconies, terraces and courtyardsThe head box and guide rails are the same as the VZ800
- The posts and crossbar are 65mm x 65mm extruded aluminium, powder coated
- Maximum post height is 2.9m
- Minimum width per unit is 1.5m
- Maximum width per unit is 4m with up to four units linked together with a maximum of 64 square metres surface area
If you’re looking for a stylish awning over your terrace, balcony, courtyard or outdoor area that is slim-lined, discreet and gives you sun, wind and rain protection, then a Zip Patio Awning is your answer!